Estimated read time: 1 minutes
i recently had problems with bzr -> git conversion using tailor and now Lele pulled my patches so here is a mini-howto about how i did the conversion.
i did all this in a ~/scm/tailor/bitlbee dir (to convert the bitlbee bzr repo), but of course you can do it somewhere else, too.
create the dir and place there the tailor config. mine is like:
$ cat bitlbee.conf
verbose = True
target = git:target
start-revision = INITIAL
root-directory = /home/vmiklos/scm/tailor/bitlbee
state-file = bitlbee.state
source = bzr:source
subdir = bitlbee.git
repository = /home/vmiklos/scm/tailor/bitlbee/bitlbee.bzr
repository = /home/vmiklos/scm/tailor/bitlbee/bitlbee.git
and here is the update script:
$ cat update.sh
tailor -c bitlbee.conf
to update the import daily i added the followings to my crontab:
40 4 * * * ~/scm/tailor/bitlbee/update.sh &>/dev/null
and we're ready, you'll have a daily updated git import.
one minor note: the bitlbee.git dir is a non-bare repo and it's also a bzr repo which is not a problem (you can clone it and gitweb handles it) but if you plan to switch to git later, you probably want to clone it once get rid of that junk :)