vmiklos.hu
shameless self-promoting website
»Root
»Rejourn root
Posted Sunday, 18 September 2011 by Miklos
Tags: en libreoffice

When we got back from Munich, Andras had an idea what is the current bottleneck with the build when there are a lot of languages enabled, and it was the po2oo script, which is part of translate-toolkit.

First I tried to optimize that script, but then I tried to do the same gettext-to-SDF conversion from scratch, without using that framework at all, and it seems that caused a drastic speedup.

There were a few iterations, but now the two patches are in master, along with a fix in fast_merge.pl, which was there since at least commit 654810b (2009-06-17). ;)

Comments