Estimated read time: 1 minutes
So I have been invited to this year's openSUSE conference in Nurnberg to give a short presentation about my GSoC work (the RTF export rewrite in LibreOffice).
As I expected, the really interesting part was to meet people I never had the ability to meet in person previously - and of course to learn other new stuff. :)
So some of the items I really liked:
- We actually did some hacking, see here (thanks Cedric for pointing out the issue for me).
- I learned about trigraphs - thanks Fridrich!
- I now heard about flat ODF from Muthusuba.
- Nice jokes by Tor about old UNIX systems where the default installation added a login for Kernighan and Ritchie by default. :)
- Met great people from the LibreOffice team (Kohei, Noel, Muthu, Cedric, Tor, Fridrich, Petr, Lubos), and outside: Stephan Kulow (coolo, the ex-kde-master) and others.
To sum up: thank you for the invitation, I enjoyed it! :)